Your fax list may be submitted as a comma-separated value (CSV), Microsoft Excel® .XLS or .XLSX file.
Important items when using Microsoft Excel® .XLS or .XLXS files:
- Only one sheet should be used in your Microsoft Excel® spreadsheet if you are providing an excel file.
- Hidden, filtered or calculated fields should not be used if you are providing a Microsoft Excel® file. Openfax systems will not obey filtered or hidden fields and may cause your entire list to be faxed.
- We highly recommend saving Microsoft Excel® files as comma-separated value (CSV) and inspecting the file output before submitting it to Openfax for use with your fax broadcast.
Field Format Definitions
When faxing only within North America the fax number field format is very flexible.
You may have fax numbers that:
- Being or not begin with the country code 1.
- Contain non-numeric characters such as hyphens, parentheses, dashes, spaces, periods or other characters.
- Contain a variety of mix formatted number types
- The To header is an optional field.
- Openfax will use the first 15 characters of this field on the header of the fax near the time and date stamp printed on each fax page.
- The field may contain values longer than 15 characters, however, the value will be truncated to the first 15 characters.
- The To field value also appears in your completed fax detail report for the transaction.
Openfax will automatically remove duplicate fax numbers in all lists submitted within a single fax broadcast. Openfax does not permit duplicated numbers in non-personalized/non-mail merged fax broadcasts.
|1 (888) 555-1212||John|
|Recipient is in||Country Code||Local Number||International Format|
|France||33||06 87 71 23 45||33687712345|
|United Kingdom||44||07700 954 321||447700954321|
|United States||1||(954) 555-1234||19545551234|